Tuesday 4 May 2010

The Stow - Just Another Band

The Stow... Just another band? Hmmmm, I think NOT! Although the title of their debut EP - The Stow are definitely NOT 'Just Another Band'.
So I first came across these guys at Urban Development's Industry Takeover '10 to Watch for 2010' session in February. Along with the likes of brilliant acts such as Cherri V, Clement Marfo & The Frontline, Maverick Sabre and Mikell Pane - these guys seriously had me rocking with pure joy and excitement. The energy and passion they carried through their performance, was so rejuvenating as their sound was completely new to me.

The band collaborate a number of genres into their sound, this in particular is why I think they are so unique. A three piece band with a rapper and a soul singer - what more could you ask for? The set up is genius! Its hard to believe they have only been together for just over a year, as they have seriously mastered the delivery of their music.

The EP 'Just Another Band' is a great collection of tracks. Cheeky East Londoner hip hop and soulful lyrics, mixed pretty nicely with an indie pop arrangement, very nice indeed. Loving the songs about killing a man, another about the fact you don't know me but I know I wanna... well, I'm sure your catching my drift. Here is the track listing:

  1. Round and Round
  2. Mamma
  3. Doubt Remains
  4. Butterfly
  5. None of the Above
  6. Thank Music
  7. You Don't Know Me

Listen and download the entire EP for free HERE

To see The Stow perform live, check out their upcoming shows on MySpace - I'm looking forward to catching them at YoYo's on Thursday 20th May and ILUVLIVE on 21st June :)

Exclusive interview with The Stow coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment